Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Messy Shirt

As I was getting ready for bed tonight, I took a quick look at myself in the mirror. I noticed the events of the day were displayed on my shirt.

I had dirt smudges from playing with the kids outside,
a blood spot from Kallin splitting his lip open,
tears from comforting him afterward,
little splats of bread dough from trying to make sourdough bread for the first time,
sloppy joe sauce splatter from warming up leftovers for lunch,
dirty dish water splashes from hand washing the dishes I couldn't squeeze into the dishwasher,
mayonnaise from making chicken salad for dinner,
and the toothpaste that dribbled because I started laughing from all the stains I noticed while I was brushing my teeth.

I love my life! Here's to many more messy shirt days!

6 comments:

Mikki said...

This is such a great post. I love it!! I always have smashed teddy grahams on my shoulder. I definately prefer it over the days of baby spit all over all my cloths!!
I have to say that I am impressed with how much you did yesterday... maybe I need to get my shirt a little more dirty :)

The Draper's said...

Oh my gosh Celeste! I do know what you mean. But I think that we look at it in completely different ways. I don't laugh about it and if I do I'm crying while I'm laughing. I love you!

Kelly said...

My favorite part of it all is the one where you are laughing at yourself. THat is so you and I LOVE IT!

Tiercy said...

What a great perspective! I love this post! You sure accomplish a lot in a day. How did the bread turn out?

Unknown said...

I love it! Its all the signs of a fun and wonderful mother and wife.

Frye Kids said...

The kids and i were looking at all the pics and they want to know when can we go back to Allie Rae's house?? they had a blast, they just love it at your house. oh to answer your ? about Grayson he started standing and walking right when i got back from Utah. he is still VERY unsteady but he tries. he mostly just ends up crawling when he has to move fast.