Saturday, May 23, 2009

Olivia Pearl Bosch Has Arrived!

She's here! After 38 weeks of pregnancy, Olivia Pearl Bosch was born Saturday, May 23, 2009 at 7:45 am. She weighed 6 lbs. 4 oz. and was 17.5 inches long. She is perfect and healthy.

We arrived at the hospital around 6:30 and got all set up for the c-section. Here is Andrew's get-up.


Here is Olivia's first picture. I'm impressed with how pink she is. With the c-section, I am strapped to a table with a sheet blocking the view of the surgery. The first time I saw Allie or Kallin was after they had been wiped clean and wrapped up, about 15 minutes after they were born. This time, however, just as they were about to pull Olivia out, the anesthesiologist lowered the sheet and raised up my head just enough that I could see her just as she entered the world. It was amazing.




She was much smaller than she appears in this photo.


Allie and Kallin were so excited to meet their baby sister.


Proud parents.

No comments: