Saturday, September 6, 2008

We Have Grass!!

We finished our front yard.....almost. We have a few finishing touches to do, but we're basically done, and here it is.




I finished planting bulbs. It has been quite a project, spanning about a week with an hour here and an hour there. I didn't realize just how many bulbs I had planted until I was finished and started looking at all the empty bags. I started adding them up and was shocked when I got over 300. I started with a bag of 40 mixed daffodils, a bag of 40 mixed tulips, a bag of 50 Crocuses. That wasn't even enough to complete the middle circle of our front yard so I went to Costco and bought more. I got bags of 100 Crocuses, 60 Daffodils, and 120 Muscari. The total came to 410 bulbs! Spring is going to be so exciting!!

6 comments:

The Draper's said...

Your yard looks so good! I can't wait to see the flowers in spring!

Becky said...

It looks fabulous! I can hardly wait to see the flowers in bloom! Mom

Frye Kids said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!

Tiercy said...

Your yard is looking so great!! Your hard work will pay off in the spring! I can't wait to see the explosion of color.

susie said...

I am jealous. I wish I had the ambition to make my yard look as nice as yours. I know it will be a beautiful welcome to the warmer weather.
Susie

Eliz said...

I can not wait to see the pics in the spring -- how exciting